Social Work Graduate Trainee || Norfolk County Council

Sam Chiveya
Sam Chiveya - Editor
1 Min Read

Job Description:

Graduate Trainee Scheme for Social Work

Norfolk County Council and University of East Anglia

From September 2024

£7,200 per annum retainer, plus possibility to apply for NHS Bursary*

Optional year in employment: £29,269 per annum (Scale G)

Exciting opportunity for graduates to train for a career in Social Work

Are you motivated to train to become a Social Worker but need some more experience before training?
Are you a graduate or expecting to graduate, with a good degree (2:2) and interested in training for a career in social work?
Excited by the thought of completing an MA in Social Work at a top-rated University?
The Graduate Trainee Scheme offered by Norfolk County Council in partnership with the University of East Anglia offers successful applicants a retainer payment of £7,200 per year for the 2 years of the MA in Social Work programme at UEA. In addition, for those who need to gain some work experience, the scheme offers the option of one year’s paid employment prior to starting the MA.


As a Graduate Trainee Assistant Practitioner in Adult Social Services, you will gain experience of working within a social care team with a range of service users. The work will include undertaking strength-based assessments and reviews under the Care Act, determining eligibility and working with the service user, their family and friends, and a range of other professionals to come up with person centred Care and Support plans to meet eligible needs. During your time you will gain a knowledge of the local community and what is on offer that may support the service user with their independence and prevent, reduce and delay the need for more formal care and support.

Qualifications and Experience

Successful applicants must have:

  • A 2:2 degree completed in the last six years. If applicants fall outside of this time frame, then they will need to show evidence of recent study.
  • English Language and Maths GCSE at grade C/4 or above (functional skills will only be accepted for Maths)
  • A full current UK driving licence

For those wishing to go straight onto the MA in Social Work without the year in employment:

  • At least one year’s experience of working directly with children, young people, families, carers, or adults in need of care and support in either employment or voluntary work


Norfolk County Council


United Kingdom


Leave a comment

Contact Us

(+263) 77 380 2386

© 2024 – Dandaro Online. All rights reserved.

- Sponsored-
Ad imageAd image
- Sponsored -
Ad imageAd image
- Sponsored -
Ad imageAd image
- Sponsored -
Ad imageAd image